Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I am making a paper bumblebee. I don't know why, except I saw one on the wall of my K-4 classroom in a picture Mom and I found while cleaning out her closet tonight and I felt the urge to make one. I love making things like that, reaching my creative side. Sometimes I think I have more fun coloring things and making crafts for the kids to do than they do.

I'm really going to miss the CP - even its crazy drama - when I leave. Hopefully I can come back for Christmas break and maybe even next summer, if Donna (if she's still interim [or permanent?] director). I hope she is. She knows what she's doing (except for all the DHR rules the CP violates, but some of them can't be helped; i.e., too many children to maintain the staff-to-child ratio - me against 17 three-year-olds just isn't right!), and she's not afraid to get stuff done or be honest. Plus, she already knows me, and it would be annoying to come back to someone new, to whom I would have to explain all my problems. I have Sarah and Kevin to thank for me working there, and talking me into working up the courage to use my connections and eventually get hired. It has definitely been a challenging, yet rewarding, experience, one that I hope to continue.

I know it sounds like I'm leaving soon, but I still have threeish weeks, so I'll be around.

Also, no Starbucks this weekend - thank GOD! I don't know how it happened, since it's not one of my 'unavailable' weekends, but I'm thinking since Kellie was on vacation then, Heather or Zac made the schedule and assumed I was off last weekend just because of my birthday, so they thought this would be an alternate week? I'm not questioning it, though, and only have to say "hooray!"

I love singing "Karma Chameleon" with Joseph in the car. It's one of the many things that brightens my day. :)

No comments: