...And it is the exact opposite of epic. It's only my 100th because I post about everything under the sun. If I wrote as seldom as Joseph, it would be more of an accomplishment, but I have so many thoughts and rants that I have to put somewhere.
Mom's begun letting me drive on my own to places close by - including but not limited to: HUMC and Starbucks. She's very, very paranoid and gets me to call or text whenever I get to my destination, but I completely understand and do so in order to keep my newfound driving privileges. If I ever feel the least bit odd, I will pull over immediately and shut off my car, etc., and wait for it to pass or call Mom. That is a self-proclaimed promise to myself to protect not only me but others out there. As Mom said, if I ever injured/killed somebody, I would never forgive myself - and it is true. However, I'm one month seizure-free and can well recognize the signs of an oncoming seizure, so I have a teeny bit of confidence, but know what my limits are.
Mom thinks I'm anemic because I'm exhausted lately. I think it's because I started the lower dose of my Methimazole (for hyperactive thyroid) and my body's just getting used to it.
I haven't walked/jogged any at the rec center. :( By the time I get home from the Children's Place, I am simply exhausted and have no motivation to go. Maybe one of these days. My official "last" day (for "going back to school" even though I have three weeks) at Starbucks is Monday - Mom's birthday. I work until 12 that day, I believe. So hopefully that will take off some of the exhaustion from my days. Working two jobs is getting old fast. I wish I had more hours (just two more, a 12-6 shift would be just fine) at the Children's Place, but I'm not going to complain about what I have. Sometimes those four hours I do have seem like 24, so maybe I'm glad I don't have an extra two.
My goal of having $1000 by the end of August probably isn't going to actually come to fruition. That sucks. However, it's because I've been helping Mom with the bills, so it's for a good reason. I did buy myself an opal ring to match the earrings I got from Mom for my birthday the other night, and the lady at the jewelry center said, "It's always nice to buy something for yourself once in a while. I don't know if you have children, but once you do have them, it's all about them. You don't get to buy yourself much once you have children." When I told her that I, indeed, didn't have children and wasn't planning on it anytime soon, she said, "Good! Wait as long as you can, because it'll all change once you do." Lord knows I've had enough bad examples in the Tidmore family to learn from. I've long since decided I wouldn't make the same mistakes they did. My dad got married at eighteen or nineteen - somewhere around then. Why you would do that is beyond me. Anyway, this isn't about my dad, or about my family - it's about the choices I'll make and the positive goals I'm setting for my life.
I'm so excited about my French Revolution and the Napoleonic Era: 1789-1815 class that I can hardly wait. Seriously, it's the kind of class I can't wait to take my junior and senior year. I am such a dork. I'm getting so tired of people asking me if I'm going to be "what, a teacher?" when they ask what my major is. Just the way they say it is patronizing. I know being a teacher isn't going to bring in millions, but if it's something you love the idea of and want, people should just be glad I know what I want to do with my life and am actually attempting college, you know? Especially for being a first-generation college student.
Anyway, my ranting is over, and I should probably go to sleep if I'm going to Sunday school/church in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment