Monday, August 25, 2008

For the record, if it's been "like a day!" since I last saw somebody, I don't consider that to be a long time. Sometimes I don't want to see one of my friends everyday. Actually, change that to most of the time. I absolutely love peace and quiet, and I love my roommate because she is quiet, but not so much that it's hard to talk to her at all. I don't want to go to McDonald's at 10:30 at night when it's been raining for 2 1/2 days straight and one of my outfits got soaked through today because I had to go all over campus for various things - and I still haven't gotten a fridge sticker, changed my meal plans to add flex points on there, and Mom and I still have to fill out the FAFSA (yeah...she thought we didn't have to... WHAT?!), and I need to buy a hoodie or wash my purple one because it is absolutely freezing in the dorm rooms, even though it's burning up on the first floor.

...

I promise I love college. I absolutely adore it. I couldn't wait to move in when I saw Brooke Hall as we drove up. I breathed in the scent of the freshly-cleaned dorms when I walked in and felt immediately at home. But when it's constantly raining and a tornado warning for Calera, roughly ten miles away, prevents me from getting breakfast, that makes for a very irritable Christina. Add into the equation friends who invite themselves in my and my roommate's room, and I almost just put in my earplugs and went to sleep.

The two classes I had today (US History and Communications 102) are wonderful so far. I love the professors already - especially the history one.

Okay, well, I'm off to play video games relax.

No comments: