Monday, July 28, 2008

I had to put this in writing or I knew I'd never do it.

From this day, 28 July 2008, forward for as long as my body will allow, I vow to walk at least a mile everyday; in Birmingham, the Hawkins Recreation Center; at Montevallo, the SAC (Student Activity Center). I wish to eventually get up to walking two miles, then three miles, etc., but my real goal is to be able to jog the mile and not get incredibly exhausted after two minutes. I am a horrible, horrible runner, and I feel like being able to run better than I can now or at least walking everyday is key to me losing weight.

Don't worry, Joseph, as I intend to reach a weight of 140 lbs. and remain there comfortably. I'm not going to aim for losing a dangerous amount. I also need to get better about thyroid medicine again. After my seizures I just lost motivation to stay on that medication. Having to take medicine twice a day is still annoying, especially when I have to duck out of the sanctuary at church and seek out a source of water that will allow me to take my anti-seizure medication (wouldn't that have been lovely? the church would really be sick of me having seizures), but if I have to be on medicine, so be it.

So, I vow to lose 20 pounds, and maintain it by at least December, but before would be just fine, too. Also, less soft drinks and more water = always a good idea. One summer at Nana's I lost 12 lbs. just from cutting out soft drinks, as she didn't have many in her house. So I think I can do it.

If not, at least I will have had many an asthma attack trying, right?

No comments: