Sunday, July 13, 2008

How is Jon Bon Jovi still so good-looking?

I had a très busy day today. Woke up at 9-something, went to eat at IHOP around 11 with Mom, dropped off a prescription for more Lamictal since my next neurologist appointment isn't until the 21st, effectively leaving me without seizure medication for ten days (thank god he went ahead and wrote a prescription, right?), then went to Books, Beans, and Candles MS for the four-hour Tarot class on the Minor Arcana (aka the "suit" cards). Even if you think Tarot is a bunch of hullabaloo, the way Mandy (the teacher, also BBCMS's resident Tarot reader) speaks is just so interesting. She's not like Trelawney in Harry Potter (sorry, I couldn't think of a better reference) and mystical, etc., but just very down-to-earth, very normal for someone you'd think of with Tarot proficiency. Anyway, I took ten pages of notes, read my own Tarot twice, and then shopped.

Here is where my day begins to get delicious (I mean, IHOP is good, but it's just not the same at all as home cookin'). Well, before Joseph's, I went by Starbucks to get my schedule for this upcoming week and ended up snacking on a blueberry scone and a caramel frappucino (NOT made with the light base, bad bad Christina) since the ribs had just a bit longer to go. I was shaking terribly by the time I made it to Starbucks (BBCMS is on Southside, so there's a time reference), and we sat down inside and took my sugar twice, because I didn't believe the meter the first time. The first reading was 61 (normal is 90-120), and the second was 64. So, yeah, my sugar was pretty low, add in the fact that I completely forgot my Keppra dose this morning like the smart person I am, and I grabbed some sugar quick.

We then left, then about an hour or so later (it might've been sooner, I just am terrible at keeping up with time) Joseph picked me up zu mein Hause to go nach sein Hause to enjoy some delicious ribs, baked beans, coleslaw (which I did not eat, since I had such little empty stomach space and had to pick and choose so I could leave room for the real kicker), and the best banana pudding - all courtesy of Joseph's mom, Joseph, and Alton Brown (also Publix?). It's one thing to have Jim n' Nick's for Fourth of July when one's dad isn't around to grill ribs anymore, but it's quite another to have some genuine home cooking/heating when it comes to ribs and the fixin's thereof.

Also, let it be known that before tonight, I had not seen any of Thelma and Louise starring Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis, nor did I know the ending. That all changed tonight, when the three of us enjoyed the end then re-start of the movie on TV while eating. Then we looked at church people eight years ago in the directory, I'm not even sure why originally but was fun anyway. Also, Shelly Martin was, indeed, the girl from Miss Beverly's who died in 2004 (and went to HUMC eight years ago, which is why this isn't completely out of the blue).

So, with no further ado, I bring you pictures of my childhood we took off the CD Mona and David burned us all for Christmas one year. These are only a selection, and I'll probably post more again at some point. Not that anyone asked, but taking trips down memory lane is always fun.

These are the days that I've been missing.


Anyway, I hope that works.

I'm off to sleep now before I drop.

No comments: