Sunday, July 13, 2008

the seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake


I finally changed George's water today. I considered saving the gravel that came with the bowl, but I thought it's so readily available and in different colors, so Mom let me have the remainder of her glass decorating beads. George seems a lot happier with it; plus, it matches his colors more. I was going to include the little figurine of frogs sitting on mushrooms I bought at Walmart the other day, but it and the trees wouldn't fit. I figured George'd be happier with trees, so there you have it. Isn't he beautiful?

Other than that, today after church was just kind of a lazy day. David and Mona came over to give Mom some money David got for selling the Monte Carlo (my dad's true love of a car), but David actually forgot the money at his house, so they just stuck around for a bit, helped move some stuff out, etc. Mona gave me a beautiful silver charm bracelet with a miniature key, lock, crown, and multiple fleurs-de-lis; a very random gift but all the more appreciated! Maybe an early birthday one, who knows. I still can't believe I'm about to be nineteen (and Joseph is to be twenty this year, wow!). But that's another post for another day.

After David and Mona left, Mom and I adventured to Michael's so I could get more beads and some earring hooks (if I weren't lazy I'd take a picture of the anklet I'm halfway done making now), as I'm in a bead craze now. We then stopped by Burger King in Irondale for some unhealthy dinner. And now I'm back, ready to get beading.

Before I go, here are two more pictures - another of George (and more up-close of his face; his eyes are the two contrasting colors of his scales [blue and red] and that's really weird!), and one of Spock with his paws outstretched as he sat on my legs from the other day. Mom says he looks "snooty." I have to agree... he's too funny though.

George, up close and personal

I imagine Spock's voice to be that of an upper-crust English gentleman's...

Edit: As a bonus, can you play "Guess the subject line" ??

1 comment:

kevin said...

i'll let someone that doesn't have a four year old currently fascinated with mermaids answer your trivia. :)

have a good week!