This was certainly a bright start to a new year as a fresh, hot-off-the-grill nineteen-year-old. My mom said, "I know it's probably all in my head, but you look older today." I looked in the mirror, and though I, of course, feel no different, I had to admit I looked older somewhat - I don't know how, and I'm sure it's just in my mind, but something clicked. Something changed.
I also saw Dark Knight with Joseph and Mom as a birthday 'present.' I swear to all deities that ever possibly exist(ed), I am not saying this just because of Heath Ledger's untimely death, but he played a fantastic, maniacal Joker that everyone loves to hate. He put such a comic spin on things but kept the action going. Now after seeing him as the Joker, I cannot honestly picture anybody else doing such a psychologically-corrupt Joker as well as Ledger did.
I was also pleasantly surprised to see the three glimpses of Cillian Murphy's character Dr. Crane/Scarecrow in there, even though he didn't play a major role in this sequel to Batman Begins. It was a nice way of saying, "I'm still here helping mess up Batman's life." Maggie Gyllenhaal is far, far superior in the role of Rachel Dawes compared to Katie Holmes, might I add. Hans Zimmer's score perfectly fit the movie, kept me on the edge of my seat (as Mom and Joseph can attest to - I had my hands on my cheeks, leaning forward for half of the movie), though I expected no less from the master who composed such greats as the scores for King Arthur, the Da Vinci Code, and all the Pirates of the Caribbean music.
Random fact: I absolutely cannot stand when people spell Mediterranean and Caribbean incorrectly. I know I am a dork, a spelling Nazi, and an English minor with far too many pet peeves to be healthy; however, Mediterranean and Caribbean are two words I myself have struggled with but after enough times of misspelling them, you'd think more people would learn. No, Mediterranean does not have two t's, nor does Caribbean have two r's. Agh!
I know that's crazy, but ah well.
Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. :) It was certainly one of the best so far; I hope I have many more around such great company.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment