Monday, July 7, 2008

not again

No, not a full-blown grand mal seizure, but another simple partial one struck today at Starbucks. I was shaky, and I smelled the scent of the inside of the ambulances I've ridden in, which is called an aura. My arm muscles kept twitching. It was pretty awful. I took my blood sugar, which stayed low, even after I ate and drank sweets, so something is going on. Last night I read a person's account online of how they had a thyroid problem, but as soon as they began taking medicine to correct it, "latent seizures" were brought out. I think this is a key to my problem. So I'm going to call my endocrinologist at Trinity, request for him to refer me to a doctor at UAB (we already have the doctor's name; they just need my records and an official referral) and to send them my records so we can get a second opinion. If I had never gone to a second gynecologist, we never would have found out that I have a hyperactive thyroid - and now, it might be a bad thing that we did find out.

Mom wonders if I should go to the Children's Place today. I'm going to, but if I begin feeling weird, or if I have episodes, I'm going to ask to go home. There's no use in me staying if I'm just going to be a risk not only to myself but also to the children. The last thing that place needs is more chaos. Speaking of, has anybody heard if Donna's staying permanently this time? One of the teachers said that last week, but I haven't heard anything, and we all know how true rumors can turn out to be.

When is this all going to stop?

No comments: