Saturday, May 31, 2008

can I just say...

I laughed at the idea of the movie industry completely forgetting about the Eric Bana version of The Hulk and the Edward Norton version coming out soon? That makes my day. I love Eric Bana - don't get me wrong - but I believe EN to be the superior actor in any contest.

Now I'm about to tell a true story of something that happened and completely blew my mind today. I mentioned something to a fellow barista (who's actually pushy and can't respect relationship boundaries, but that's another story for another day) about my dad dying, and Kellie (manager) goes, "Your dad died?"

...yeah, almost eight months ago, Kellie. Way to miss that.

Me: "Yeah, he died back in October from cancer."
Kellie: "Oh, I didn't know you were going through that situation. Was the cancer unexpected?"
Me: (thinking) Hmm, well that's funny, considering when you hired me in June, I told you a reason I would have to be out at times would be possibly taking him to his chemotherapy treatments. SORRY YOU MISSED THE MEMO!

Anyway, that just really ticked me off. When I told Joseph he immediately replied, "You need to quit."

Seriously. Who forgets something like that? Or doesn't listen at all in the first place? How is it that easy to forget? Damn you, Starbucks benefits, for being so good that it's hard to quit! (Insert lame Brokeback Mountain "I don't know how to quit you" joke here.)

Angela: "I am not like you, walking around in your provocative outfits saying whatever pops in your head."
Pam: "Yeah...that's me."
-The Office

No comments: