Monday, May 12, 2008

job thoughts

Two days out of last week, I went to my mom's work just to visit and bring her breakfast, as I had gotten up - not by choice - earlier than I planned, and had nothing better to do. There, I got involved in filing some consumers' reports for my mom, as she had about a billion other things to do, and organizing some binders for their work and United Way's approval of said binders, which detail things like job descriptions, board members, budget spending, et cetera. Currently I'm putting labels on the little cardboard inserts that go in the dividers, and I thought, you know, I would love to do this sort of thing as a job.

When I expressed these thoughts to my mom, she said, "Not if it were your job, you wouldn't." While she's most likely correct, as moms tend to be about things (good luck trying to convince my child(ren) of that in later years, right?!), I'm good at it, and I would enjoy it for a time. So, sometime I'm home for the summer and desperate for a job, I'll come back to my "administrative assistant" organization skills, and know what to look for... or something. Probably the 'or something' part of that statement more than anything, but oh well.

I am so frustrated with my hair. I'm so sick of it being this length. It was great back in October when I got it cut, and I'm glad it will be growing out to a length I'll be pleased with, instead of just cutting it shorter like I was doing when it was down to my waist, but it's so obnoxious at where it is now, and it looks bad 99.9% of the time.

Oh, I created a writing blog (it's on this profile, but just in case - voilĂ ). Maybe I'll post something in there tonight. Probably some original works, if anything. My fanfic can wait. ;)

I'm going to try and start posting a quote at the end of every entry, just to give myself something to do!

"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity."
-Dorothy Parker

No comments: