I just updated my Livejournal (yes, I still use it) sidebar to read, "I'm Christina, a sophomore at the University of Montevallo,..."
A sophomore. In college. A college sophomore, if you will. That makes me sound so old. Forget proper age, like going-on-19, or going-on-20 if you're like some who have early (late?) birthdays. "College sophomore" is pretty much like saying, "Hi, I'm a young adult," or even "adult" to some.
College sophomore. Wow.
(Sorry, it's going to take a while for that to settle in - the 33 credit hours shows it, but I haven't had to say (type) that before.)
"Hi, I'm Christina, and I'm a college sophomore." So much better than "high school sophomore," no?
In other news, Mom and I are having a delightful Mother's Day so far. I love her so much, and I hope she knows that. Sometimes she drives me crazy and gets far too defensive of her baby and is liable to come after anyone who hurts me (Joseph can tell you that for sure!) with a baseball bat in her hands, but she's there for me when no one else is, knows almost everything there is to know about me, and like we enjoy saying - she wiped my nose and everything else when I was little, and that's a special bond you can't just throw away. ;)
Oh, and I just thought you all should know - blaring your music and letting your crappy car run loudly for 15-20 minutes at 10:30 p.m. makes you cool. In case you wondered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment