Friday, May 16, 2008

Frustrations

Tell me, what is so hard about putting aside five minutes to fill out a reference form? She doesn't even have to do anything - there are just checkboxes, and maybe like one or two questions that require written answers, but even they're simple, like "Explain why this person should be considered to work with children." It's not asking for an essay - not even more than one sentence! What is hard about that?

So, apparently Kellie will have my reference sheet back to me Monday, meaning I have to get up earlier to go to Starbucks to retrieve it. That's not the part that bothers me - I could do with a good Starbucks breakfast (mmm, cream cheese danishes are the best!), and it's on the way. However, I think it's shoddy that I have to wait until Monday to get the five-minute reference sheet. I know she's a manager, but they weren't busy when I went in today - she even told me that! - and if they had been, I would have stayed until she had a chance to complete it. But now I run the risk of her forgetting, which has a high probability, sadly.

As Mom said, though, I'm already hired so are the references that important anyway if I have two out of three? If she does forget, it's not like I was being irresponsible, and in fact will reflect upon Kellie. Here's to hoping she doesn't forget, or I'm going to have even more reason to quit Starbucks.

Other than that minor inconvenience, today was good. I drew many family trees and wrote down many Popes', kings', and emperors' names.

"The less routine, the more life."
-Amos Bronson Alcott

No comments: