Today, I went to the Children's Place and met with Mrs. Mixon (or does she go by Adrienne? I don't know, so best to play it safe), filled out an application, and briefly chatted with her about my experience with children. I figured honesty was the best policy, so I told her I really hadn't had much experience with younger kids, except for when my nephew was younger, but I mentioned to her that I had done work study at WJC (you know, the beacon of Roebuck itself...*snort*) with the third-graders. Her son actually had had Mrs. Matthews (who was my third-grade teacher as well, and the teacher for whom I did work study), so perhaps bonus points? Haha, who knows. She seemed very enthusiastic, though, and incredibly nice. I have an interview set up for Wednesday at 10, so I will be sure to keep everyone posted on how that goes. Kevin and Sarah- I owe y'all a cake, or something equally as delicious!
In other news, my driver side window motor finally pooped out on me in the Starbucks drive-thru- it won't roll up now. :( At least, as the Goffs (the ones who are fixing it/friends of my Dad's/the ones who have fixed every problem my car's had since we've gotten it) said, it picked a beautiful day to do it! Bobby, the head of the shop and the oldest of that family, told me, "I haven't had a chance to see you since your dad's memorial service, but I think you did a real good job of handling that day, and I think he would have been real proud of what you said of him." That made me almost cry. I've gotten a lot of compliments on how well-composed I was, and truthfully, even I'm not sure how I talked in front of everyone without choking up, but I don't know, I guess Bobby's compliment made me feel so honored, and made me really think of what Dad would have thought of my speech. Frankly, I want to believe that he heard it, so I hope if he did, he was proud. :)
Anyway, I suppose I've rambled on enough...although, of course, I went on a mini-shopping spree today (two shirts, two pairs of capris) so I want to post pictures.
I love polka dots and pink (and yes, that's my bed with my mostly-pink comforter and pink sheets), so this shirt was just screaming at me to buy it.

I love stripes and purple, so see explanation for Shirt 1.

I just don't have any jean capris, and since it's now eighty billion degrees outside, I figured I should buy some shorter pants...

And the other capris were a white pair, of which I didn't take a picture, because um...they're just white capris.

No comments:
Post a Comment