I think I will go to Starbucks (probably Trussville) and just sit and write about people. I never have done that before. I've always wanted to write a story or a poem or a letter while I'm at Starbucks- never just about the people there.
Tonight's a good night to do that. I need a lot of alone time.
I miss Dad and Nana everyday. Yesterday when Mom and I were cleaning out old pictures and things of Dad's, we came across many pictures of Dad's sister Susie on her wedding day. In one of them, my grandfather was posing with Susie, holding her heel before putting it on her foot. We have one exactly like that with Dad holding Sherrie's shoe on her wedding day. I will never have one of those with my dad. It's so hard to deal with. If I could see him one more time the way he was before the cancer hit, I would do it in a heartbeat. I wish I knew if he could hear me...I feel dumb whenever I talk to thin air.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment