Monday, June 23, 2008

he likes killing you after you're dead

Quick update on the Josh front:
He sent me a text message that said, "I'm attracted to you. Just...don't fall in love with me."
I replied to his text message with, and I quote, "Oh, that won't be a problem, believe me."

Seriously, who is he kidding? When I told Willow that, she nearly died of laughter and said, "Okay, Casanova, calm down." He is so absolutely full of himself, and she hit the nail on the head. She then laughed about my response and said, "I bet he wasn't expecting that, but thank god you took away his ego there!"

He's always walking around behind the counter singing; all of us have learned to tune him out. He thinks he sings so much better than he does, and Heather's admitted to putting him on a pedestal, but she didn't think it would go to his head. And whenever he sees a guitar he has to play a song he wrote on it, and I just want to snatch the guitar and step on it. So, I really want to be in a situation with him in which a piano is in the room and go and play my seventh-grade recital piece on it to show him up. Or Coldplay's "The Scientist," which I learned three years ago. If I could ever learn Rufus Wainwright's "The Art Teacher," I could show him up on that, too. I just want to crush his ego. Does that make me a bitch?

I'm a "feisty" Leo; I don't really care. Speaking of, I just read this on a website about Leos: "She attracts men, deliberately or not, because of her dazzling personality." That must be it - my dazzling personality. ...I realize it's difficult to portray sarcasm over words, but I assure my readers, that was dripping so heavily with sarcasm it's not even funny.

For my summer writing project, I'm currently reviewing the album Boys for Pele. It'll get me back into the habit of writing criticism on a work. I'm not sure how long it will take (eighteen tracks, and I'm rather attached to many of the songs; plus, Tori's songs are almost always 4:30-5 minutes, so it takes quite a while to get through them), but when I'm done, I'll post it to my writing blog.

If taking Callie to the vet doesn't take my entire two paychecks, I'm going to dye my hair (or rather, go to a salon and get them to do it - I officially fail at dyeing my hair by myself or even with a friend, like with Liz my sophomore year in high school). It'll be a "surprise," even though it's not going to be that radical.

I'm pretty sure Viva La Vida is my favorite album currently. My three favorites, in order of favor, are: 1) Violet Hill; 2) Viva La Vida; 3) Yes. Have I mentioned that I would have Chris Martin's babies in a second? My favorite picture of him is as follows. Gwyneth Paltrow who? I love her too, though, so that's okay.

When I drove to Movie Gallery tonight to get my iPod I'd left in Joseph's car earlier (also, seeing Joseph was a plus ;) ), the wind was tossing the leaves around violently. I love it. It started raining on the way there, and on the way back home. I love it. I love this kind of weather. Next time it does that I want to go outside and just spin around in it. I don't think I've ever done that.

I thought of another random fact. I'm completely and utterly obsessed with rosaries. I'll probably end up having a collection of them throughout my life. While some think it weird that I'm obsessed with Catholic (in nature) things, such as cathedrals and rosaries, but am not a Catholic myself, I'm just interested in religion in general. All religion is fascinating to me - hence why I wrote my Honors World Civ I paper on religion throughout society from the ancient civilizations of Sumer/Egypt/Greece/Rome to the Protestant Reformation under Martin Luther.

I'm pretty sure I've watched the Dark Knight trailer an unhealthy number of times.

Why so serious?

Was a long and dark December
When the banks became cathedrals
And the fog became God

Priests clutched onto bibles
Hollowed out to fit their rifles
And the cross was held aloft

Bury me in armor
When I'm dead and hit the ground
My love's opposed but unfolds.
-Coldplay, "Violet Hill"

No comments: