Tuesday, January 6, 2009

yeah, it's 5:25, and I've got to be up at 7. great.

The good news is, I joined a Livejournal community called epileptics. And in this community, I posted asking not only about dieting = reducing the instance of seizures, as well as Lamictal making other people restless in the sleep area. And I've gotten two responses so far confirming that Lamictal makes one not-sleepy. This is good, because it means I can figure out a method to counteracting these side effects. Lamictal is wonderful, though, and I have no intentions of getting off it anytime soon.

And let it be known that when I say dieting, I mean exactly this, taken from another girl's Livejournal:
"I don't mean low/no carb, or that crazy syrup elixir stuff or whatever else the current trend may be. I mean being thoughtful and conscious of every morsel of food or drop of drink that I consume. This doesn't mean that I won't have chocolate cake every now and then, it just means that I will be fully conscious of the trade offs for decadence. In the horribly bastardized words of Michael Pollan, there is no such thing as a bad food, there are just foods that are special occasion foods."

Exactly. I could use some chocolate cake right about now...

Speaking of, Sarah, you were awesome in suggesting that website. I know I've told you a billion times already, but I check it multiple times a day, and have already begun an obsession with marking down everything I eat. It's amazing! Thank you SO much, again.

In other news, hearing the things my mom says in her sleep is utterly hilarious. She's normally, well, normal in her sleeping habits, but the outbursts she has are delightful to hear. They always make me laugh (except for the times when she's distressed, and I'll wake her up to clear them). Stephanie tells me things I do and say in my sleep, and I LOVE hearing them! How people sleep is so fascinating to me. That's probably something I'll look into in psychology (and I'm always open to suggestions!).

Our bathroom roof is leaking (conveniently, it's right above the toilet!). Honest to God, I don't know how our house hasn't crumbled by now. Our fireplace was a fire hazard (and a serious one - there's a hole high up on one of the walls!) leading to us stylishly sealing it (not sarcastic stylishly - ask Joseph!), we've got two bare wires hanging from our kitchen ceiling, to which a light was attached before we removed it to put a fan up there and now have to get my uncle's friend to wire them safely, the den roof was leaking horribly before we got it replaced (costing about $800 and ruining several of my dear books), and now, our bathroom ceiling. Actually, it's been leaking a while, but only when we get steady rain. And we've had plenty lately. Though I do love the thunder.

Okay, I should take a leaf out of my mom's book and you know, sleep like a normal human being. Then again, I've never been one to consider myself normal.

No comments: