Monday, January 19, 2009

and that is why the guy is called a sleaze

So, it's Bush's last day in office.

I understand the excitement over our forty-fourth president, over the fact that he's biracial, what have you. His championing of the prospect of change for a brighter America is certainly an optimistic claim in a time of financial distress and disillusionment from the Iraq War.

But no matter if you're a Barack Obama fan or not, it's refreshing to see a new face in the White House.

I remember in 2006, talking to Joseph about his mom and sister coming over to take before-prom pictures. I asked, "Is your mom going to be offended by my bumper stickers?" The stickers in question included, "Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot," "W..TF," and "W..rong." He assured me many times that she wouldn't, and she told me how much she liked them.

Bonding over disliking Bush since 2000...

Sometimes I feel sorry for Bush. Then I slap myself back into reality.

Hats off to you, Mr. Obama. Let's see what you've got.

No comments: