Stephanie and my mother got into a very heated argument on my Livejournal on an entry from two days ago. It was utterly ridiculous; it went from my mom giving me advice which consisted of "go to Dr. Corbin" (my psychologist), to which Stephanie replied something along the lines of, "You don't think your daughter's capable of making her own decisions? That's real nice of you," to "I KNOW MY DAUGHTER BETTER THAN YOU" and you can imagine how that went. I was just sitting in the middle, trying to keep the two from murdering each other digitally, and kept telling them that their arguments were irrelevant to the original point of the post, which was lost entirely in the scrabble.
So, now my mom doesn't like Stephanie, and vice-versa. The whole thing is so entirely stupid. I hate having my mom on a friend's bad side, because I generally consider my mom to be really cool, but I hate having a friend on my mom's bad side, because all I get to hear about is how much X friend sucks, and blah blah - it's all very immature. As she said, it's the "mother hen protecting her chick" syndrome, which is nice, but I'm fine.
In other news, we got our French Revolution journals back today. I was nervous because Dr. Hultquist is an amazing teacher, very enthusiastic about history, and a very nice man, and I was slightly intimidated. I was afraid my journal entries were too long, and weren't really proving what I was meant to prove. However, on the last page of the journals (we'll periodically turn them in, so there were only six), he wrote, "These are all A+ entries - in my eight times using journals for this class yours are likely the most complete and in-depth entries I have had."
...wow.
I'm not sure what exactly I was expected, but it wasn't that! I'm not complaining though - I certainly put effort into them and wrote on average 3-4 handwritten pages each. That was just so encouraging.
And I left my clothes in the dryer downstairs last night, so I should probably get those.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment