
Spring break is driving me crazy.
I decided I'd get it out of the way early. I should have signed up to work during the week, but I just wanted to be lazy. The thyroid medicine has me feeling worn out, yet unable to sleep (hence why I am still up now, at 3:27 a.m.), so I'm left to sit here and yawn a million times during the night. On one hand, it's great to be back in town, driving familiar streets and seeing my mom (as well as helping her get rid of my dad's clothes, which is an emotional thing for both of us but good we have each other), seeing all the cats, even when they scratch me and sneeze all over me, and of course, seeing Joseph much more than when we live 55 miles away from each other. On the other hand, however, I miss my roommate and our friend Charity who practically lives in our room, I miss having a bed to myself, and I really miss classes (except ballet, but that class just sucks and I will leave it at that). So I suppose I just have cabin fever.
I can't quit listening to this song (which is the opening song of Shoujo Kakumei Utena- "Rinbu-revolution" by Okui Masami, which also provides the translated line that is my subject line). Some of the other (translated, of course) lines say:
"Though I dream, cry, and get hurt, and reality approaches now frantically, I can't lose my place in life and my self-worth just to protect myself. Let's go on with our lives. What I want is to find my place in life and my self-worth, taking who I've been up until today, And heroically stripping her down until she's bare, like the roses whirling in freedom. But even if the two of us should be separated, I will change the world."
It's great finding inspiration in such unexpected places.
On another note, I think I finally have drawing inspiration again. Looking at Sara J.'s (friend from MOG) album on DeviantArt inspired me to get my own account, and to start drawing again. I've been searching for such inspiration for so long! I haven't written in a while, either, and it's only adding to the cabin feverishness.
Basically, I'll miss hugs from Mom, kitty scratches, and getting to see Joseph as often as we have been, but I'll sure be glad to be back in Montevallo as well. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder.
One thing that has stood out above all during spring break: celebrating two years with Joseph!
Here's to you and here's to us! :) Let's live our lives heroically and with style.

No comments:
Post a Comment