Monday, November 3, 2008

Well, this is it.

Tomorrow is my first presidential election. Tomorrow is also the day on which I will sign my half of the land deed left to me via my father's will. The other half goes to Sherrie. I'll be a landowner. At nineteen. Weird.

My Montevallo best friend Charity has a best friend from high school named Carly. On Halloween night, around 9:30 pm, Carly's little brother (Steve, age 17) died in a car accident. Charity's driving to Fairhope around 4am Wednesday to be there for the wake, funeral, and for the rest of the week to be there for Carly. Here's the article in the Mobile Press-Register.

Please be thinking of them.

***

On a separate note, I'm doing my "big" speech in COMS 102 on "Religious Expression under the First Amendment: How Far is Too Far?" with Scientology and Westboro Baptist Church being my primary examples of religious extremism within society.

No comments: