Link is here if it's any easier to read.
LAMB, LORRAINE MARY (MacDONALD) "NANA", age 75, of Birmingham, AL passed away April 9, 2008. She was born February 4, 1933 in Boston, Mass and grew up in Dorchester. She was preceded in death by her mother and father Virginia and Malcolm MacDonald, sisters, Ginny Wirta and Polly MacDonald, husband, T. D. Lamb. She is survived by her brother, Freddie MacDonald, Quincy, Mass; sister, Betty (Michael) Bombas, Brockton, MA; sons and daughters, Tom (Vivian) Lamb, Steve (Dr. Nell Pynes) Lamb, Lynda (Jim) Vaughn, David (Mona) Lamb, Laura Tidmore; grandchildren, Murray Lamb, Rob Vaughn, Kelly Lamb, Christina Tidmore, Angus Lamb, Ian Lamb and Gray Lamb-Pynes. She leaves a legacy of love and caring and will be greatly missed by all that came in contact with her. She was a loving mother, wonderful friend and 2nd mother to all the kids she kept. There are not enough words to describe what a great lady she was and still is in our hearts. There will not be a service, she wished to be cremated and scattered in Nova Scotia, where all her family originated and from the Isles of Scotland. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the American Diabetes Association and/or American Heart Association. "All Hope Is Constant In Thee"
"All Hope is Constant in Thee" is the motto of Clan MacDonald (the Ranald branch, the one to which we belong); the MacKenzie one (the one of which her mother was descended) is "Luceo non uro" meaning "I shine not burn."
I might have already said this, but I have two or three blogs (LJ, this one, and myspace/facebook) so I get things mixed up sometimes. Anyway, the point is, I want to get the words of the mottos tattooed on me somewhere, but I have no idea how good it would look, or where.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment