Thursday, October 16, 2008

This is Calcutta. Bohemia is dead.


Dear John McCain,

Can you please state some of your own policies rather than bawww-ing over Barack Obama's? Oh, wait, you can't, because there aren't any more debates.

Sorry, but you lost your chance. And no, you didn't do an effective enough job of that last night. Did you even do it at all?

Love,
Christina
Dear Barack Obama,

$4,000 to every college-bound student to be paid back by community service? YES PLEASE. If I hadn't been rooting for you before, I certainly am after that. But your other policies have won me over to your side anyway.

However, can you please stop framing abortion as a choice a woman is free to make after consulting with doctors, family, and friends? I love you, I really do, and I am thrilled you are pro-choice, but putting that condition on there kind of makes me cringe.

I'm forever yours, faithfully,
Christina

---

I don't know if it's because this is my first presidential election or if I've just matured to the point where I actually care about politics, but I am so nervous yet excited for this election. I think the past eight years of a "president" have inspired me to do my part in helping change the nation.

By the way, Ani DiFranco's Self-Evident is amazing. There's a YouTube video, if anybody's interested.

---

Does anybody listen to Keane? I've heard his song "A Bad Dream," and it's wonderful, so I was thinking about downloading his other songs.

You make fun, yet I'm the one
Attempting to do some good
Or do you really want a neighborhood
Where people piss on your stoop every night?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brock Obama? Sweet mercy, I'm just seeing the rip-offs now.. "I choose you, JoeBidenmon!" "Palinchu used SexyWink! JoeBidenmon is unaffected! JoeBidenmon used Great Shlep! Palinchu fainted!" So many nightmares. LOL

Christina said...

Hah, check this out -
http://politicalpokeman.ytmnd.com/