Contradictory? Yes.
Let me explain.
Right now, my desk looks like this. And my bed looks like this.
Let's face it. Those aren't the messiest of situations by far. If you saw my first semester roommate's half of the room last year, you would probably be horrified. And when my bedroom at home was messy, it meant that you couldn't see the floor because of the clothes and various papers strewn about.
But sometimes, I get bored. Or cleaning something else - like George's fishbowl, or wiping the sink of all the hair and the blue beads that come in Bath & Body Works' soap - will spark It. Capitalized It is the massive cleaning impulse. I'm talking wiping the desk, wiping the bookshelf and rearranging the books by height (while split into two groups - schoolbooks and recreational reading), sweeping, vacuuming (well, if I actually had a vacuum, I know that would be part of it), rearranging the bathroom counter and the cabinet beneath the sink, and wiping down/out the fridge.
Then my desk looks more like this (plus a printer and a bigger fishbowl, but you get the idea). And my bed/floor by the bed like this. To give you an idea: I can't even see under the bed right now because a giant care package, my backpack, and three pairs of shoes are lined up beside the bed. Trash still goes in the trashcan, rest assured.
The moral of the story is yes, I thrive in a slight bit of mess. Piles of books on my desk make me motivated to study, learn, and write. But I have to have an order to the messiness. I can't just have stuff thrown everywhere. And then...I'll clean. And entropy slowly occurs afterward.
On a separate note, Charity, Stephanie, and I all went to Foodland and bought ginger ale and Dixie bathroom cups to make up a "drinking" game for the debate. Choice words/phrases: "My friends", change, hope, references to Obama's "inexperience" (because Palin has so much more, you betcha!), 9/11, maverick, and of course, everytime they avoided the question. Needless to say, we ran out of ginger ale an hour into it. That was exciting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment