To quote Charity:
"I don't think your fantasy of the Yankees losing is going to come true, but seeing you spit fire is fun."
Me: I don't have anything against Matsui though, he seems pretty chill
Tommy: yeah, aside from being an amazing hitter, he doesn't do much else
Tommy: Jeter and A-rod are just cocks
Thank you, Tommy.
On another note, I'm attempting NaNoWriMo this year. It's not going so well; I have 942 words out of the 6,667 I was supposed to have by Nov. 4. To be fair, I had night classes both Monday and Tuesday, and today I wrote some.
I heard about Jessica's dad. It was hard enough losing my dad just out of high school; I can't imagine losing him in high school. Speaking of, my half-sister sent an email earlier tonight that made me bawl like a baby. She talked about Dad's spirit and the tranquility and peace she felt with it, and how she could still feel his presence. It was pretty emotional for me, but I've been having a difficult time this year. I think I've mentioned that. So yeah, even though I don't know Jessica well at all, I'm more than willing to talk to her about her dad, about how it is losing a parent so young, etc., if she's open to it.
Speaking of Dad, this is one of my favorite newly-discovered poems, by William Carlos Williams:
Death
He's dead
the dog won't have to
sleep on his potatoes
any more to keep them
from freezing
he's dead
the old bastard--
He's a bastard because
there's nothing
legitimate in him any
more
he's dead
He's sick-dead
he's
a godforsaken curio
without
any breath in it
He's nothing at all
he's dead
Shrunken up to skin
Put his head on
one chair and his
feet on another and
he'll lie there
like an acrobat--
Love's beaten. He
beat it. That's why
he's insufferable--
because
he's here needing a
shave and making love
an inside howl
of anguish and defeat--
He's come out of the man
and he's let
the man go--
the liar
Dead
his eyes
rolled up out of
the light--a mockery
which
love cannot touch--
just bury it
and hide its face--
for shame.
Yeah, I doubt anyone read that, but I enjoyed it. It's about the anger stage after someone's death, and it's pretty perfectly descriptive of what I still feel sometimes.
Okay, so I lied. My 200th post wasn't, in fact, JUST about the Yankees. *goes back to spitting fire*
PS: Still a Phillies fan. This game introduced me to them, and I've grown attached. Nice.
Okay, so I lied. My 200th post wasn't, in fact, JUST about the Yankees. *goes back to spitting fire*
PS: Still a Phillies fan. This game introduced me to them, and I've grown attached. Nice.

No comments:
Post a Comment