I know, I know. It's not as though Joseph and I haven't been apart for a month or more at college. But there's something about the fact that he's only an hour away during those months. There's something about the fact that he's now seven hours ahead and I actually have to keep that in mind. While I'm sleeping away the day, he's up and "at 'em," whether "'em" be classes or placement tests or just exploring.
It's weird.
---
On another, completely unrelated note, I had a dream the other night in which I actually confronted the oddness of my usual dreams. You see, ever since Dad died, and especially this year, I keep dreaming that he's died, but he comes back. He's usually healthy and ends up dying again, but sometimes is still sick, but still very much alive. Well, in the dream the other night, I finally asked someone, "Is he a zombie or something?" I remember distinctly picking up the bag of his cremated remains (which I looked at again the other day--I'm not sure why, and it kind of freaked me out more than it did the first time I ever looked at them, which is kind of weird, isn't it?) in the dream and holding it out to prove my point that he was, in fact, dead.
I don't remember much about the dream other than that, but I thought it was interesting/weird. Am I psychologically unsound? What the hell?
---
I've been attempting JulNoWriMo for the past few days. I'm supposed to have 11,290 words. Yeah right. I've got 123 typed out in Word and probably not even 200 more written in my notebook. Good job, Christina.
---
I've had some strange moments in life lately. For instance, realizing that I've placed too much stock in 'internet friends,' friends I met through communities on LiveJournal, namely the 'wank' communities full of 'trolls.' If you don't know what 'wank' or 'trolls' are, hurry up and broaden your e-knowledge.
There's also the realization that I don't place enough stock in the LJ-friends who actually care, who actually matter, who actually aren't complete jerks. I need to remedy that. I've done well remedying the other, I'd say.
I wish I could take back the hours I wasted on that dumb community, like instead spending them going out and getting sun and interacting with people in real life, but what can you do? Learn from life's lessons, and alliterate while doing so.
---
Speaking of LJ-friends, one of mine has this quote on her profile, and I figured I'd sign off with it.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and turn a blind eye."
-The White March in Brussels, 1996
-The White March in Brussels, 1996

1 comment:
Pathetic? By no reckoning. Weird is just the way to put it. Do we ever know anything, know how to call anything before it is thrust upon us? The beauty/tragedy of life.
Post a Comment