When I write stories in MSWord, I change fonts often. For a while, I'll write in Times New Roman, size 12. Then I'll switch to Arial, size 10. Currently, I'm in a Georgia, size 10 phase. The psychology behind my fleeting font choices being that I'll eventually get bored and not want to write…at least, that's my best guess. I'm not sure why something as trivial as font dictates my writing habits, but it does, and it always has. Of course, it doesn't really matter, because when I post whatever I'm writing to whatever site is appropriate for the genre puts it in their default font, whether it be my current Blogger's default font (Georgia 10, which is convenient), or Verdana 10, or Times New Roman 12. But it's the principle of the thing, and since I write everything in MSWord first, aesthetics dictate everything.
In the past, I used WordPad because I loved the way certain letters like 'f' and 'i' looked when the scroll bar would move automatically sometimes. MSWord, however, is much cleaner, and much more professional-looking while even drafting, so I moved back to it. Plus, I like the actual quotes rather than straight lines. I like the way Times New Roman looks italicized. I don't want to sound like a pretentious artsy-fartsy person, because I'm definitely not, but I see fonts as art, and pick out small things that make them beautiful.
Very strange, I know, and really random to write about, but I'm not exactly known for anything worth talking about the next day.
In other words, we're fostering a kitten until we can find him a (trustworthy) home. Kevin, don't you guys want a sweet little kitten for the girls to enjoy? He's very playful!
I'm (mostly) just kidding. We're going to heavily screen any who are interested, though. There are too many instances of animal abuse out there, and if there's one thing that turns my stomach more than anything else, it's animal abuse. I know people can never truly know a stranger, but my mom and I want to try our hardest.
The Trussville Starbucks' Pike Place brew did not agree with me today. Maybe it's an affirmation that Howard Schultz sucks. Okay, that's completely unfair. But I think I'm going to write him a letter—not that it will matter, as he showed through the closing of 'Staroebucks' and the outpouring of obviously-ignored pleas from the community to keep the store open. It makes me so furious—that is, the corporation offering to keep a branch open if support was overwhelming and if they received enough letters. I know many of our customers who rallied to keep it open, including Carol Duncan, a councilwoman. Hell, it even had an article in the newspaper.
But now it's just another empty storefront on a strip loaded with check-cashing agencies and a plasma-donation center and jewellery repair shops and pawn shops.
Welcome to Roebuck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment