Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wise words from one who would know best.

Christina,
Continue being just the way you are and you will be able to get whatever you want out of life. I am so thankful you are my daughter.
Love,
Dad

Found this graduation card from Dad; the card itself is so perfect for me. I have a thing for maps and compasses (the only reason I don't major in geography is that I'm not good at demographics and the social aspect of geography), and it's got one on the front and back. It says on the front, "Every person has a unique place to fill in the world." I don't know, it's not the typical "HERE BEGINS YOUR NEW LIFE" graduation cards, which are, of course, fine. But it just caught my interest in a great way.

On the inside, "Here's to your life journey, to the strength, courage, and compassionate spirit that's yours to share with the world."

Such a touching card, although I don't know if it touches me more because it's from Dad. It's most certainly one of my favorite cards I've received, if anything for the message from him.

It's only been a year and a little over six months, but I'm tired of it all hurting as much as it does; I'm ready for it to get easier.

No comments: