Wednesday, April 22, 2009

So bow to the queen of filth!

Last summer, June 6 to be exact, I contracted strep (thank you, Children's Place children and sucky immune system). I thought I couldn't get any more miserable. It had been five years since I had strep, and I'd forgotten how horrible it was; on top of that, I couldn't drive anywhere because I'd had my second seizure of the year, first of the summer.

Now, I have bronchitis (unconfirmed yet, but I'm 99% sure), and I'm pretty sure I'd rather have strep at the moment. Sure, you can't eat anything because your throat is so sore, and you can't drink much but water, but at least you get to stay home when you've got strep. I'm still going to classes, our Honors program is today, I've got a presentation for English tomorrow, and a con at UA Saturday and Sunday.

Ugh. Kill me.

2 comments:

Sarah O'K said...

Um, so this probably isn't the best time to bring this up, but Donna asked me the other day if you were going to be interested in being at TCP for the summer. :)

Hope you feel better soon!

Christina said...

Haha, no problem -- I'm feeling a bit better, otherwise I'd probably be typing out some garbled junk.

I'm thinking of seeing if our vet needs kennel help, but if that doesn't work out (and I haven't seen any signs about it lately, so who knows), then absolutely yes.

I still have memories associated with my seizures at the CP, even though I was fine for the last month, so I have to admit that was what pushed me toward the vet's. Still, it's a fun job, so I'll just have to see where my search takes me.

Thanks!