Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hooray, insomnia.

Alack, it is my old foe, returned from its melatonin-induced banishment!

I have/had bronchitis, and am on my fourth or fifth dose of Clarithromycin (500 mg twice a day), which tastes like a combination of bananas doused in sugarcane syrup and vomit. Lovely, yes? Unsurprisingly, it leaves me with extreme nausea for hours afterward, except for tonight when I masked the taste by taking it with yogurt. Guess I'll be buying more yogurt...

I guess it's worth it if I'm not hacking up a lung or two every few minutes, though. I can finally laugh without feeling like I'm dying; this is good, because Charity and I are always giggling about something. And the medicine is also breaking up a ton of sinus congestion/drainage I've been having for months, so thank God -- I'll just be glad when I can hear normally again. Sitting in class today was hell, as everything was so muffled and some of his words were inaudible to my delicate ears.

In other (but related) news, I think I'm going to have to see the radiologist with who I did workstudy senior year, Dr. Schwartz at St. Vincent's. I'm having moderate to severe right knee pain and have for a few months now, and I have grinding in both my knees -- and I'm only nineteen! Ask Joseph, I've made him listen to them. The pain, though, is worrisome. I hope it's not stress from the eight years of ballet, or from marching band, but it just might be. Still, I'm so tired of medical issues! I'm even tireder of hearing about swine flu.

"I'M FEELING FLUSHED AND ALSO SUDDENLY ACHY, DO I HAVE SWINE FLU??"

No, you're just annoying.

And what kills me is everyone saying, "Be sure to wash your hands all the time!" like most people don't wash their hands all the time anyway?

Insert eyeroll here.

Something that makes me sick to my stomach (besides my antibiotics) is the media's fascination with dying celebrities, Farrah Fawcett being the most recent subject of stories that make me want to vomit and scream at the same time. "Fawcett Nearing Her Final Days?" is the latest. It seriously is disgusting. Dying is such a private matter, and believe it or not, she's not the first celebrity to fall ill and die soon.

Anyway, Dad's been on my mind a lot lately, so I guess that adds to the general annoyance, although it's an ongoing feeling with the media.

I guess that's all. I'll try to throw myself into sleep again...here's to hoping it works.

No comments: