But why on earth would a woman with no spouse or means of steady income have fourteen children?
Yes, I'm talking about "Octomom," a.k.a. "Not-the-Brightest-Crayon-in-the-Box," a.k.a. Nadya Suleman.
When have I ever refrained from saying something about an issue that's not my business? Especially when I keep having to hear about her, and hear her "pleas for help."
Yes, I think it's sad she was unable to have children with her ex-husband, and it's great that we live in an age when doctors can help those who want to conceive. Her first batch of six was a lot, but my grandmother had five children, so that's not that bad, even if they're all at once. But then she wanted to implant the last six embryos, part of her reasoning for which "was so that the frozen embryos wouldn't be destroyed."
Yes, because destroying the embryos would be so much better than struggling to pay for your babies and using our tax dollars to do so?
"Suleman said she will get by with the help of family, friends, and her church, and she plans to return to school in the fall."
Oh, okay, so she'll mooch off family, friends, and her church, of all things, to be able to go to school, AND care for fourteen children?
Woman, are you nuts?
One thing's for sure - I'm not going to have kids unless I make damn sure I have enough money to support them. Good lord!
But what pisses me off the most about this whole situation is that her kids are still in the hospital because she's afraid she won't have custody of them when they're released. You've got to be kidding me.
What is with people?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment