"When Love cast me out, it was Cruelty who took pity on me."
-Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel's Dart
My life is not so dramatic as that quote from a story about a girl thrown into the world of politics disguised as "indentured servitude," soon actually stripped of the "servitude" by Anafiel Delaunay, and becomes a courtesan to find out political allegiances, blah blah blah, etc., etc. The point is, I don't have such an interesting life story, but I can relate to the character of Phédre nó Delaunay well and I love the story, so that quote deserves to be in my first post. And my email address, love.as.thou.wilt@gmail.com, is the simple rule of the people of Terre d'Ange (in French, "land of angels") and I like to agree with that. Anyway, that wasn't supposed to turn into an essay...
Strengthen your core.
"You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else."
-Chuck Palahniuk's Fight Club
I am decaying organic matter.
Did you know that over 75% of African land has degraded? The United States spent $59 billion in the war in Iraq in 2004, but what came out of our humble pockets to support the Africans in their need for foreign aid? $2 billion. There is something utterly wrong about that. Americans don't care, we're too busy fighting turrurrism just so more suicide bombers can blow up another oil rig and we'll just keep rebuilding, and they'll blow it up again and we'll rebuild and they'll blow it up and...
What an endless cycle. I almost don't want to have children, because the world is going downhill at such an exponential rate it's ridiculous.
Why is it sleeting? That'll make the bricks here at Montevallo even crappier to walk on.
"Times is hard."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment